Friday, June 26, 2015

6/25 - Preview trip to Vineyard

In order to practice for the big adventure, and because I was not at camp this summer, I was finally able to join the world famous Martha's Vineyard biking trip.  A ferry, a great day of cycling, and lots of fun companionship got me psyched for the big adventure.  I still can't figure out how my computer only shows 4.5 hours of cycling, and yet we were on the island for 9 hours.  Could be the multiple food stops???  Anyway, there were 14 of us and at the end of the day, I got another metric in (actually 66 miles) so I'm feeling ready.  Weather was great, the companionship was excellent, and we even (occasionally) were able to ride for more than 10+ mile stretches without stopping.  Now, it's time to get on the fully loaded Surly and see if I can do it for 20 days in a row....

Photos:  Menemsha bike ferry; Gay Head lighthouse (recently moved inland - see dirt pile slightly left)

1 comment:

  1. Re: ratio of time riding to time on island-- sounds just like what my gps-enabled app recorded when we were skiing!!

    ReplyDelete