Sunday, July 12, 2015

Deja view

I now know every pothole, farm, rest stop on the Wolfville-windsor ride.  But the real deja vu is Donna's flight to Halifax.  Ten years ago, we were here camping and her flight was cancelled, delayed and then she ultimately flew to St John and drove.  This time, it was only cancelled and delayed.  As we didn't start riding till 2:45, we rented a car and drove to Windsor, avoiding 40+ unpleasant miles.  Air Canada - be prepared as you are getting the bill.  Rode on to Berwick, through the unattractive town of new minas.  Road was arrow straight and flat. Staying at a b&b, in a room named the 'love nest'.  Donna and I are a little baffled, as it has 2 single beds!  42.8 hot miles into a headwind.

1 comment:

  1. Come on guys...you're supposed to either push the beds together, or forget the second bed and cozy up into the single! I'm sorry Donna missed that fantastic hotel at the Halifax Airport. I'd fly to Halifax just so that I could stay there (although you do then risk having your flight canceled). Sorry about the bad luck and I hope Donna is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete